Thursday, January 01, 2009

7 Things About Me That Have Nothing To Do With Piloting The Deathstar

I was wondering if I would be tagged for this game, and I was. Here are 7 things about me that you might not know (even though I tend to go on and on at times):

1) My senior class in high school had only 17 people in it. It seemed big enough when I was there, but now seems almost unbelievable.

2) I love basketball. I was a very active player until a terrible ankle injury permanently benched me. I still enjoy watching, but not my old games. My dad pulled out a videotape of a high school game over Christmas, and it was not my favorite film of the season.

3) I am a neat freak. I try very hard to control it, but hate messes. Sometimes I catch myself following people around and picking up after them.

4) My broken glasses are super-glued together. I am fortunate to have medical insurance through my job, and have purchased an additional vision plan. I couldn't get new glasses through that plan until 2009, so out came the superglue.

5) I don't look like myself in pictures. I hate having my picture taken, and think that every camera has it out for me.

6) I can flip 6 eggs without a spatula. I worked in kitchens for 12 years. I wouldn't say that I'm a great cook, but I put myself through college -- and supported myself during a mini-freakout away from college -- by working in hotel and full-menu restaurants.

7) I followed Sly B around for years before I convinced her to date me. I can't decide if I'm too subtle, or too shy, but it took me a long time to convince her that I was serious.

The Rules of the Meme


1. Link your original tagger (mine was Amy Bowen) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they've been tagged.

I tag the following people:

1. Justa JOe
2. Ironic Pink
3. Sly B
4. Jack Jaffee
5. Jaundice James
6. kapo1257
7. marlodianne

3 comments:

amybowen said...

Thanks for posting, EssBee! I love learning about the interesting skills people have, like flipping 6 eggs without a spatula. :-)

Sly B said...

The "people" in #3 is me. I make enough mess for 2 or 3 people, thus the plural reference. Luckily, EssBee knew this about me during #7, and accepted it as the "price of admission" (just one of my many)...

EssBee said...

Oh, not true . . .