Monday, September 15, 2008

Trying To Find Words

A month ago, my friend lost her husband. Since then, I've been trying to figure out what to say here about how this tragic death has impacted me -- aside from the fact that I'm completely heartbroken for her, which I am. I've been at a loss for words, at least here. I hope that in our private conversations I haven't been a giant ass, but for here I just haven't known what to say.

I'm still not sure exactly how to articulate the extent to which this has rocked my world, but I've decided to break my silence on the subject.

My friend is building an amazing record of these weeks on her blog, which is worth subscribing to, and much more eloquent than anything I could do here.

I think that we all have demons chasing us. Some of these demons are a lot scarier than others, and are right on our tails, and sometimes those fuckers catch us. It could have been me, it could have been any one of us.

Speaking of these demons, fuck anyone who thinks that recovery from addiction isn't just as critical a medical issue as cancer or arthritis.

I've been dreaming about Steve and Janet and their kids. Last night was a night no good for sleeping.

I'll muddle through a few more random posts like this and then maybe get a full, complete thought on the subject out. That's how I roll. I hope this isn't a complete mess that makes you regret letting me link to you, J.

No comments: