Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Night - Ahh

This was one of those weeks where I felt like I was taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back at every turn.

I am sure glad the work part of it has come to an end. Evil, Inc. is super dysfunctional, as ever. I asked for more money for my employees and myself, or some help, and was fed a steaming dish of horseshit in response. No surprise, of course. I'm not naive -- at least they can't say that!

Outside of work, it was a sad kind of week, with lots of reflection and feeling grateful for what Sly B and I have. We are very lucky. I don't know why we've been allowed so much happy time together, but the luck of it is not lost on us.

Now, I'm sitting with my aching foot up and a extra bitter beer in my hand. I think things are looking up. AND, Sly and I have an entire weekend alone, which I'm saying here so in six months when we wonder when it last happened, I can look it up. Per Janet's suggestion, I want to get some dominoes and play w/ my girl. I think 2Rays made a few decent suggestions not fit for print too . . .

No comments: