Mom and Dad aren't going to be around forever. If you don't pull your head out of your ass, it's going to be too late to fix this.
Your fundamentalist beliefs, while creepy, are none of my business. If you want to spend your free time "bearing a cross" or whatever it is you like to do now, go on with it. Just stop making the rest of us watch.
Here's a few lessons from us heathens:
- Do unto others. In other words, if you don't want your daughters to break your heart in 25 years, start treating your parents with a little respect. I don't care what you think about me and Sly B, but give mom and dad a break.
- As a minimum, show some tolerance for the people in your life. If you don't like dad's smoking, politely ask him to go outside. Don't berate him in front of your beastly spouse.
- It's fine that we don't speak to each other. I actually prefer it to the heartbreak. But call mom once in a while. And treat dad like he provided a decent home for us, because he did. They don't ask for much, and it's easy to thrill them and make them feel important.
- I can see that you think that your faith is superior to my lack of faith. Okay, you win. Now never tell me about it again. I don't need to hear about the narrow gateway to heaven, the righteous path of a husband, or the awesome responsibility of Christ ever again.
- Life is short, dude. You're wasting yours. Live, stop bitching. If the life you've chosen doesn't work, make a new one. Tick-tock, man.