Monday, June 02, 2008

Movie Review: She Hate Me

Dear Spike Lee,

I really like you. This film, however, was horrendous. I got into the whistleblower theme of the movie. It's the honorable thing to do. Jack was a good man who saw something bad happening in his company and couldn't keep quiet. I get that. Amy Goodman would have had him on Democracy Now to discuss big pharma.

Tell me where, though, the lesbian thing comes in. Guy has giant salary, and loses his job for doing the right thing. Guy starts impregnating lesbians for money? Srsly? And don't EVEN get me started on the sex scenes - Jack is a cutie, but these are stone dykes. He isn't going to get them that excited.

Also, why did the movie have to be over two hours long? The first 90 minutes were more than enough. It took us two evenings to get through it, and now, we want our 2 1/2 hours back.

Finally, the ending was SO Chasing Amy, so disappointing, and so transparent from the beginning. I yawn in your general direction. That Jack must really know what's he's doing in the, you know, bedroom. Even lesbians will fall for him.

One quarter out of five nipples. Sorry, Spike.

Love, EssBee

No comments: