Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mini Movie Review plus Random

Last night, Sly B and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary by going out to Sushi Hana, our local joint, and then came home to watch Beowulf. It was enjoyable. I enjoyed the story about one millions times more this time than when I read the poem in the original Old English with massive marginal notes to prep for my grad school comps. It was fun to see the animation and naked CGI Angeline Jolie wasn't torture to watch. I give it 3.5 out of 5 nipples.

I take back my blanket statement in the previous post describing my dislike for Ewan McGregor. My friend Vandamonde pointed out to me that Trainspotting was good, and E.W. was good in it. Agreed. I stand corrected. It still, though, sucks hard when he sings.

I like having 9 years of illegal gay coupling under my belt with Sly B. Here's to 39 more years. Our partnership is an awesome one. Swoon.

My as still unnamed company - elsewhere referred to as "Evil Empire" and "Deathstar" - is so fucked up. I would love to blog about the latest shocking developments, but need my job. Suffice it to say that there are bad men in this world. Thank you, bad men, for teaching me how not to behave when I am responsible for employees of my own some day.


I finished Living Dead in Dallas, Book 2 of the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. I LOVED this book, and can't wait to read more in the series. If you're looking for a funny fast read, I recommend it.

Deadpan remains the motherfucking way.

No comments: