Sunday, March 02, 2008

Random Sunday Morning

  • I love Ani DiFranco's "Sunday Morning" song from the Knuckle Down album. That's how I feel this morning.
  • Our kitty Jenny had six teeth extracted on Friday and her mouth hurts. Poor baby. She's doped now and sleeping right behind me as I type this.
  • We watched Shaun of the Dead last night and really dug it. I'm going with 4 out of 5 nipples because it made me laugh and fit so nicely in with my recent string of zombie movies.
  • I finished Lord Foul's Bane and can't say that I loved it. I liked it, and generally like the idea of a LOTR type story with an anti-hero. 2.5 out of 5 nipples. I'll read the next one at some point (It's a set of 3 trilogies, with a 4th trilogy being put out now).
  • I enjoyed issue 4 of the Angel: After the Fall comic series. I recommend these to anyone who loves Whedon or comics.
  • We tried a Left Hand Brewery Imperial Stout the other night for fun. Not my thing. I didn't dig it.
  • I started reading Octavia Butler's Wild Seed and already know I'm going to love this book. It's nice to read something written by a woman for a change.
  • The penultimate episode of The Wire is on tonight. I can't wait to see what happens/am really sad it's almost over.
  • This week, two more of the shows I watch finale - The Sarah Conner Chronicles which I think is just hitting it's stride. No doubt FOX will cancel it -- it's too good for em; and Celebrity Rehab which is hard to watch for me. I know those damn addicts are all going to fuck their lives up. I just know it!
  • Yesterday, it was in the mid-70s here in Longmont, CO. When we woke up this morning, we found snow, no sun, and 30 degrees.

No comments: