Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Random Thoughts

Just things distracting me today:
  • Ew! Pink eye!! Don't touch me!!
  • I'm reading Lord Foul's Bane, Book 1 in the Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever trilogy by Stephen R. Donaldson. It's a fun and unique universe (with a Lord of the Rings quest) so far, with a really hateful anti-hero with some unique qualities. I'm sure I'll write a review when I finish.
  • We are absolutely loving Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD. I didn't know this until recently, but I am illegally gay married to L.D.'s lesbian doppleganger. If you haven't watched this show, do yourself a favor and add Season 1 to your Netflix queue. Last night, we saw the one where L.D. stabbed Ben Stiller in the eye with a chicken skewer. You know what that made me think of? Ew! Pink eye! Don't touch me!!!
  • We got Michael Moore's Sicko in the mail from Netflix tonight. I'm looking forward to it.
  • I've got another friend hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer!! Just sent her Season 2. Bwahahahaha. Joss Whedon is now HER master too . . .
  • I'm roasting lemon pepper chicken and a head of garlic (to mix into the quinoa along with roasted red peppers out of the jar) tonight. I like to roast chicken on Wednesdays because Sly B doesn't get home until about 7:00, and I have time to ROAST. Last week, I had a complete failure on getting the damn whole chicken to cook all the way through. Tonight, fuck it, we bought thighs.
  • Cats snore. Loud.
  • I ordered Sly B a TRULY geektastic, but utilitarian, gift from an Australian company called Toy Webb. On Monday, a package from Toy Webb was waiting for me. They screwed up the order, and what arrived is exponentially more geeky than what I originally ordered. They accidentally sent me an Lavitz Slambert action figure from The Legend of Dragoon. I think she kinda likes it, but it ain't what I ordered!!
And with that, I bid you all a good night. I smell roasting garlic.

1 comment:

Sly B said...

Lavitz Slambert?!?!? I'm laughing so loud people are looking at me...

Here was what tipped us off that L.D. might live in our house:

EssBee: What do you think we should have for lunch today?
SlyB: Don't you hate it when parking kiosks don't work, but the parking officers give you a ticket anyway? It's absolutely ridiculous. Last night the kiosk didn't work and after trying everything I could think of to make it work, I thought - those bastards better not give me a ticket. I mean, why can't they check the parking kisok BEFORE they hand out tickets. I mean, I didn't get a ticket, but I'm sure people do.
EssBee: Mmmm...okay, L.D.
SlyB: What?