Saturday, July 11, 2009

Still Reeling

Every time I return from a work trip, I feel like I've been beaten up. I guess every time, I kinda am. Among my list of woes this time is an ankle, previously healed, once again swollen to about 3 times its normal size.

Why does this job - take away all of the factors I bring to the table - have to be so stressful? I've worked at a lot of places, but nowhere as long as Evil, Inc. I wonder if all companies like this one are similar in dysfunction and employee behavior. I tend to assume that they are, but damn, the backbiting and sniping in my group is pretty astounding.

I resolve to take a big step back from work people. Another big step back, that is -- this isn't my first clue to things. I can't be friends with everyone I work with, which makes my job less enjoyable but my mental health a little more tolerable.

No comments: