Saturday, October 18, 2008

Distracted

Life has gotten in the way of my blogging over here for the past several days. I'm working on that.

During my distraction, here are a few nice things I can pass along:
  • I finished Tin Roof Blowdown by James Lee Burke and passed it along to a friend. I love Burke and will eventually read all of his Dave Robicheaux novels. His stories are fantastic, but what I really love is his use of language. He is really poetic. This one is set during and immediately after Hurricane Katrina. Dave is working on a mafia-related theft, a series of rapes, and a scary stalking of his daughter. His best friend Clete is, like always, along for the ride.
  • Sly B and I caught the first episode of Life on Mars yesterday. We dig it. This is a reset of a BBC series about a present-day detective who is in an accident and wakes up in 1973. This is one we'll keep watching.

No comments: