Saturday, October 11, 2008

2 Days Down, 6 Days To Go

I'm surviving one of the most stressful Evil, Inc. events of the year, this weekend/next week. I am host to about 170 of the consultants for the company and customers, many of whom are also friends of mine going on 10 years now. Every year, there is a certain flavor to the event that stands out right from the beginning. This year's: people are weird.

The major portion of the meeting starts today. I'm up super early, running on about 3 1/2 hours of sleep, but feel relatively good. This is the first of these meetings (#10 for me) that I haven't run my body off of a mainline of the caffeine/nicotine/alcohol engine that keeps you up just long enough - say 22 hours a day - and allows you to pass out and sleep for the rest. It's a new concept for me. I will say that my lungs are thanking me this morning - that was the first thing I noticed. The other thing I noticed this morning when I sat bolt upright at 4 a.m. was that I didn't need to stumble to the aspirin before doing anything else. Huh, THAT'S what made that happen. Aha.

No comments: