Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Random

  • Why aren't the tomatoes red yet?
  • We had a good visit with my parents this weekend. They are shocked by my brother's treatment of them, but we still ended up having a great time. We played one of our favorite board games, Sequence, and were spanked by the old folks. Rematch in 2 weeks.
  • Why do some people believe that others are lucky, or have it easy? I think it's like Harvey Dent says: you make your own luck.
  • I am full-on hooked on the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I'm currently reading #6. These are really fun books.
  • I'm listening to Lord of Chaos, which is Book 6 in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I just heard something really important that I missed on the first read. These are great books and I'd recommend them to anyone.
  • The Angie Zapata murder in Greeley, CO is really sad. If you haven't heard the story, a trans woman was beaten to death by a man who grabbed for her genitalia and discovered her penis. Anything I could say about how the case is being handled has been said better here. It's not easy to be queer right now.
  • Severe rain and thunderstorms are predicted for tonight in the Denver-metro area. Bring it on! Our grass needs a drink.

No comments: