Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Now for something more uplifting

Okay, my rant was necessary this morning. Now, I feel good. Here's the good news:
  • Sly B and I get a 3-day weekend all to ourselves.
  • I am working on my second 14er ESB of the evening. ESB stands for "extra special bitter" and it is teh yum.
  • I love Jack Mangan's Deadpan community. Love it.
  • I watered the plants, flowers, and roses in the front yard this evening. We are working on a pretty well-established landscape. We're old. It has it's benefits.
  • I'm listening to Lord of Chaos, book 6 in Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. We got them all off of audible.com and I'm really enjoying them. Sly B is on Book 10, and thinks it's the weakest.
  • I picked a small bowl full of peas tonight. They are to die for.
  • We're going to eat our weekly rice bowls (with fish, asparagus, pinto beans, and hot sauce) while watching another Eureka episode. We really like the show, and recommend it to anyone who likes good scifi and comedy.
  • Tomorrow is the last day in a short work week. Best news I've heard all day.

No comments: