Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This & That

  • I wrote earlier here that I loved Twitter. I have lost my love. The social networking site seems to be a place for very minor new media celebrities to talk rudely to their fans, and to "tweet" an endless barrage of masturbatory drivel. Totally uncool. I still pop in occasionally to read what a few friends have to say, and to catch up on Warren Ellis and Wil Wheaton, who are very fun to follow. Now that I think about it, I think maybe I should go in and clear out the list of who I follow to just include that group.
  • Evil, Inc. sucks so hard. Today I spent an hour in a meeting with my betters planning for something that will never happen. By salaries, the meeting cost the company approximately $5,000. I answered for the 800th time in that meeting what I "felt" was going to happen with revenue. Honestly douchebags, I "feel" like you don't pay me enough money to answer that question.
  • Last night, we watched the premier of Weeds, which we enjoy a little in spite of the racism and crappy plastic surgery, and Secret Diary of a Call Girl, which I'm not too sure about yet.
  • The gay marriage thing in California is a bummer. On the one hand, I am super happy for queers who want to get married -- go crazy. On the other hand, look at the bigots crawling out of the woodwork now. Please, please Obama, don't say something homophobic. I know you're going to have to take a position on this, but don't go all Bill Clinton in '92 on us. Do ask; DO tell. I found out today that an online buddy thinks that gay marriage is "nonsense." I was disappointed. I did not engage. He said so respectfully, and I respectfully decline to comment.
  • Tonight, we're going to watch last night's Bones rerun. Love that show. Don't know why we stopped watching it late in season 1. David Boreanaz could investigate my crime scene any day.
  • The yummy Avery beer I was too lazy to look into last night is their 14er. It's yummy. 9 out of 10 nipples. Try some if you can find it. It's a nice malty fizzy with a little bit of substance behind it. I call it a good summer beer.
  • I just started reading Grave Peril, Book 3 in Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series. These books are addictive. I can see myself in the imperfect Harry, and love him for it.
  • Deadpan is the mother fucking way.
  • Sly B gave me an early (by 10 days) birthday present tonight. It's a pound of 100% pure Kona coffee. Very decadent. Tomorrow morning, we're gonna breakfast like Brad and Angelina, okay love? Included in the package was a gorgeous coffee mug that I'll try to snap a picture of and post here later on.

No comments: