Friday, January 11, 2008

Spontaneous Wire Gush

When I watch The Wire, I feel the same way I feel when I read a really detailed investigative report in Mother Jones about something I find interesting. The show is like an expose on all of the corruption that has contributed to making Baltimore one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S.

This show is fantastic, and everyone should watch it. I have heard from several people lately that they don't watch it because they don't like cop shows. The Wire is a cop show, but it is so much more.

Sly B and I got Season 2 on DVD as a gift from my mom, and devoured it after New Year's. We are watching Season 5 now live, and are anxious to catch up with Season 3 as soon as we can. It's a good one, y'all. I'd even venture to say off-the-cuff that it's the best non-Whedon show out there.

No comments: