Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Loving TV Still

This week marks the end of the last of the shows that I have stayed faithful to during this short, writer's strike year, TV season. There has been some good, not-so-good, and surprising shows this year.

The Good:
  • Heroes was a blast this season. Lots of critics and fans didn't like it, but I did. I thought it was a great season, and that Kristen Bell was phenomenal as Elle.
  • Torchwood is one of my all-time favorite shows. Season 1 comes out on DVD on January 22nd. Everyone should check it out.
  • Dexter was enjoyable. I think that Lila is one of the creepiest TV characters of all time. This show has great writing, and is a lot of fun if you can stomach the serial killer stuff.
  • 30 Rock, as always, was outstanding. Alec Baldwin is really hilarious.
  • I absolutely love Women's Murder Club. It is a really fun cop show.
The Bad:
  • Bionic Woman stunk.
  • Chuck was funny with the geeky references, but too dorky for me.
  • Nip/Tuck is really awful, though for some reason I keep watching it.
  • Law & Order SVU didn't hold our attention much this go-round.
  • Without a Trace has lost us.
Surprises:
  • After posting here earlier about my luke-warm reaction to Journeyman, it turns out that it was one of my favorite Fall shows. Unfortunately, it looks like it's been cancelled, so tomorrow night's episode will probably be the last.
  • Showtime's Brotherhood is really, really good. I love that show.
  • Californication was a lot of fun for us.
  • Turns out that Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of our faves.
Looking forward, there are some fun things coming up in January to keep us all busy. I'm looking forward to: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (with Summer Glau!), The L Word Season 4, The Wire Season 5, The Shield Season 7, The Tudors Season 2, Torchwood Season 2 (with James Marsters!), and Battlestar Galactica Season 4.

In the meantime, we are catching up on some stuff/rewatching some stuff on DVD. We just finished Season 1 of The X-Files and really enjoyed it. Also, we started Season 1 of The Wire.

So much to see, so little time . . .

No comments: