Monday, October 15, 2007

Joss Continues as Boss

I've said before that I'm not a comic book geek. I could easily become one, I'm finding out. I could easily become pretty much any kind of geek, given my 1) addictive personality, and 2) borderline OCD, but that's for another post . . .

Joss Whedon recently began putting out a monthly Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic book that picks up where the TV series left off. So far, seven issues of Buffy Season 8 have come out. I am becoming more and more enamored with the medium, and find myself noticing a lot more about what is going on in the art, the story, and the way different things are laid out. I'm definitely hooked on the Buffy series, and good ole Joss is coming out with an Angel series called After the Fall, which picks up where that TV series left off.

SLY B, we're gonna need more shelves.

*SPOILER ALERT* for those of you who plan to read the comics but haven't yet. In the Season 8 story so far, Joss is not disappointing me with the complicated, and multiple, story lines: Dawn is giant, which appears to be a side-effect of bumpin' it with her demon boyfriend; Amy is back; Flayed Warren isn't really dead; Xander is now kinda hot and muscular; someone is plotting to kill Buffy; and Giles continues to be the down-to-earth one.

No comments: