Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Ah, Zucchini

We garden a bit, and since we live in Colorado grow zucchini. If you've ever grown it, you know that it is abundant. By the end of August, you hate the stuff. I'm always looking for new ways to cook it.

Last night, we tried a new 10-minute recipe that I found linked from Evo Terra's blog, and I'm here to tell ya it was great! If you've got spare summer squash, try it:

  • 1 or 2 medium zucchini
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic (and I threw in about 5 scallions because I had them and they were fading)
  • 1-2T of decent olive oil
  • a small hand full of fresh herbs (we used basil & oregano)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Parmesan cheese

In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic for a minute, then saute the zucchini until slightly tender. Add the herbs. Toss with pasta, sprinkle parmesan on top.

No comments: