Wednesday, December 13, 2006

You Might Be a Geek if . . .

Our book club has kind of fizzled, y'all. Holler if you want to resume, because it's my turn to choose a title. But only if everyone else is into it. I'm perfectly happy to stick with what I'm doing over here. Which is:
  • Reading the great George R.R. Martin series A Song of Ice and Fire
  • Trying to get through book two of the Martin series so that I can read the latest Robert Jordan Wheel of Time book (#11), that just came out in paperback
  • Obsessing over Battlestar Galactica and Heroes
  • Listening to the podcasts I've decided are worthy of my subscription: The Signal (my first), Michael and Evo's Wingin' It (my favorite - especially when Evo's a no-show), Slice of SciFi, Firefly Talk, and Galactica Watercooler
  • Listening to This American Life and Savage Love podcasts with Berna. She's a good sport
I'm really starting to feel like a grown up, who is finally settled enough to understand what I really dig. It's a good thing.

Today, Berna surprised me with a fantastic long sleeved tee that says:

"Remember, always be yourself.
Unless you suck.
-joss whedon"

Is she the best or what?

No comments: