Monday, October 11, 2010

Bachelor Night Nonsense

  • Holy shit, Tavis Smiley and Cornel West have a new radio show. It is the best thing I've heard in ages. Check it out. Dr. West is the most brilliant mind of this generation, and I feel a lot of hope every time I hear/read him.
  • I finished the Millennium trilogy, and loved it. Lisbeth Salander might be the new Buffy.
  • We had a GREAT week off last week. Lots of together time, lots of projects accomplished, and lots of DVDs watched. Great: Kick Ass, Crazy Heart, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Mystic River; Good: The Runaways, Date Night.
  • I am stunned by the general lack of outrage about all the gay teen suicides among my immediate circle of people, except a few wonderful exceptions. This is not my issue - this is a cultural issue that should be affecting all of us. If you are a parent, this should scare the shit out of you. If you are the friend of a parent, this should scare the shit out of you. I am too broken hearted to say much more at this moment, but I think that might change.

1 comment:

EssBee said...

Sly B says that Lisbeth is more like Faith than Buffy.